Dogs in Action is merging with Human-Animal Solutions! By 2020, the fusion will be complete. Until then, this website will be changing. Please bear with us and contact us with questions.
Come to Human-Animal Solutions to unleash both your and your dog’s true potential:
- Puppies and Adult Dogs. Canine behavior can be mystifying to humans. We help with puppy socialization, confidence, and coordination, plus behavior consultation for dog of any age!
- Therapy Dogs. We provide training, assessment, and consultation to volunteers, therapists, and facilities.
- Canine Physical Fitness. From companion to athlete, we help you help your dog to be physically fit to live a strong life.
- CARAT™ Assessments. We guide you to understand your dog from his perspective. Then we can match your dog’s character traits with his preferred job and most-effective training method. We also screen a dog you're considering adding to your family to help you get a good match.
- Mental health therapy (for humans). For help with grief over loss of any kind (including companion animals), anxiety, depression, life transitions, and more, we provide compassionate, skilled counsel. (Some insurances accepted.)
Ann R. Howie, the founder of Human-Animal Solutions, PLLC, is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Certified CARAT Assessor (CCA), and Certified Canine Fitness Trainer (CCFT) who is passionate about enhancing the well being of dogs and their people. For more than three decades, she has worked with both humans and dogs in a variety of ways – from animal-assisted therapy to professional dog training to canine wellness. With a sense of humor, a calm demeanor and lots of encouragement, Ann shows her clients how to live healthier, happier lives themselves and with their canine companions.
“My Pomeranian, Bubba, had recovered from knee surgery and needed some exercises to help him improve his mobility. Ann gave me the guidance, knowledge and exercises to help Bubba on a great road to recovery.” – Julie C.